Battle of the Books
Battle of the Books, 2021
Wednesday, June 9th
This year's books:
- The Benefits of Being an Octopus by Ann Braden
- Missing Mike by Shari Green
- Wink by Rob Harrell
- Bloom by Kenneth Oppel
- Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- Ebb & Flow by Heather Smith
- Echo Mountain by Lauren Wolk
For grade 8 and up:
- This Place: 150 Years Retold by various authors
- Fragile Bones: Harrison & Anna by Lorna Schultz Nicholson
Battle of the Books 2020
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic the 2020 Battle of the Books wrap-up did not happen as it usually does. However, Mr. Cleaveley of Nicola Canford hosted a wrap-up event via Zoom meet-up with questions that would have been asked at the Battle, some special guests ("live" and by recorded video) and the announcement of this year's winning book - Words on Fire by Jennifer Nielsen! Guests included Christina Collins (author of After Zero), Jennifer Nielsen (author of Words on Fire) and Brad McLelland (co-author of Legends of the Lost Causes). It was great to end the school year with a celebration of reading and books.
Note: Not all classes use the following resources. The links are here for your convenience.
Talk to your child's teacher about individual logins.
Login for Gale, EBSCO and World Book Resources: